Over the years, cosmetic dentistry has become increasingly popular, thanks to the rapid advancement in technology and techniques that have brought more dental solutions to address aesthetic issues. More people are also aware of the benefits of dental health and hygiene and are willing to go the extra mile to preserve and enhance their smiles.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?Cosmetic dentistry includes dental treatments that are focused on improving the appearance of a person’s gums, teeth, and smile. Unlike traditional dentistry, which focuses on preventing and treating oral health problems, cosmetic dentistry is dedicated to enhancing the aesthetic appeal of a person’s smile. Some of the common cosmetic dental treatments and procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening: Helps remove stains or discoloration from the teeth.
- Invisalign® Clear Aligners: Clear and removable aligners to straighten misaligned teeth.
- Dental Veneers: Thin, custom-made shells made of composite resin or porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to improve the appearance of chipped, discolored, and misaligned teeth
- Dental Crowns: These are tooth caps that help cover and protect a damaged tooth
- Dental Implants: Long-term restorative solutions to replace both the root and crown of missing teeth
Why Should I Choose Cosmetic Dental Treatments?
One of the main reasons people choose cosmetic dental solutions is to enhance the appearance of their teeth or gums. However, there are many additional benefits of cosmetic dentistry, including: