Skilled Orthodontics for Kids in Morrisville
Every parent wants their child to have good health and a lifetime of happiness. However, one aspect of children's health that is easy to overlook is their smiles. Dental misalignment in childhood can negatively impact their oral health and confidence as adults. At Khara Orthodontics, we're proud to provide excellent orthodontic treatment for children, including Invisalign® First.
Our practice has supplied braces for kids in Morrisville for years. We enjoy creating a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere that helps your child feel like they're among family. Our team is excited to meet you and begin a relationship you can depend on as your child's dental needs change. Call us today to schedule your child's next appointment!
CALL US: (919) 577-9009 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Does My Child Need Braces?
As your child's smile develops, it's crucial that you closely monitor changes as some signs that your child needs braces are more subtle than others. We can begin seeing your child as soon as seven years old and can provide vital early orthodontic intervention. Some signs that your child needs braces include:
- Early Loss of Baby Teeth: It's normal for baby teeth to fall out and make room for permanent teeth. However, if your child begins losing their baby teeth too soon, it can cause their remaining teeth to shift into the spaces and complicate the formation of adult teeth.
- Misalignment of Jaw Position: Signs of jaw misalignment include overbites, underbites, and crossbites. Orthodontics doesn't just ensure that adult teeth come in straight but can align their jaws for a perfect bite.
- Crowded Teeth: When your child's teeth overlap or seem too close together, it's known as crowding. This common dental problem can lead to lisps, mouth breathing, and painful biting and chewing.
5 Benefits of Pediatric Orthodontics
There are numerous benefits to orthodontic intervention during childhood. During your initial visit, our orthodontist and his team will explain what benefits your child will experience throughout their life. Benefits of pediatric orthodontics include:
- Ensuring proper dental and jaw development
- Addressing harmful dental habits
- Reducing biting and chewing problems
- Improving your child's confidence
- Achieving an overall straighter smile
Our Orthodontic Options
Our team will conduct a thorough oral exam of your child's smile during their initial appointment to begin the orthodontics process. We'll look for signs of dental misalignment and determine which stage of oral development your child is in. From there, we'll create a personalized treatment plan to help your child get the healthy and beautiful smile they deserve. Our Morrisville orthodontics for kids include:
- Phase I Orthodontics: Phase I orthodontic treatment begins between the age of 6 and 9 years old when your child starts losing their baby teeth. This phase of orthodontics typically lasts 12 months. However, depending on your child's development, it can last as little as six months. Phase I orthodontics encompass everything from a single orthodontic appliance to an extensive set of braces. Some of the components of phase I orthodontics include palate extenders, headgear, and thumb sucking devices. Additionally, we offer phase 1 Invisalign clear aligners.
- Phase II Orthodontics: Once your child's adult teeth have fully erupted, we'll begin phase II orthodontics. This phase of orthodontics is aimed at ensuring your child's teeth remain straight for the rest of their life. We'll take the time to straighten each of your child's teeth and adjust them to perfectly contour to their tongue, cheeks, and lips. In addition to traditional metal braces, we offer Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign is a phase II orthodontic solution that discreetly uses transparent plastic aligners to straighten your child's smile.
Pediatric Orthodontics FAQs
It's normal to have countless questions about pediatric orthodontics. Our team is here to answer any questions you may have and give you the information you need to make educated decisions about your child's oral health. Some frequently asked questions about our Morrisville braces for children include:
Yes and no. We recommend that your child continues to brush and floss their teeth regularly. However, they may have to change the way they do it as they must maneuver around the brackets of their braces. Our dental team will show them how to care for their smile at home using step-by-step instructions that are easy to remember.
No. Your child can continue participating in sports. If your child is involved in contact sports like football and soccer, we recommend that they wear a mouth guard to protect their braces from damage.
Although your child can continue eating various foods they enjoyed before receiving their braces, we recommend refraining from consuming certain foods. Sticky and hard foods can damage your child's braces and unnecessarily extend the duration of their orthodontic treatment. We'll provide you with an extensive list of foods that your child should refrain from consuming.
High-Quality Morrisville Orthodontics for Children
Whether your child needs braces for the first time, or you've recently moved to the area and need help continuing your child's orthodontic treatment, our practice is the place for you. At Khara Orthodontics, we're happy to provide excellent braces for children in Morrisville, including traditional braces and Invisalign. Whether your child needs traditional braces or Invisalign clear aligners, you can trust our practice. Contact us today to schedule your child's next appointment!
CALL US: (919) 577-9009 REQUEST APPOINTMENT